The Douglass Building was built in 1904 as the University library and the Territorial Museum. The building housed the Law School from 1929-1959 followed by the Psychology Department until 1979. Currently the Departments of Linguistics and Latin American Studies share this facility. The building was named after A.E. Douglass, acting president of the University in 1910 and a leader in establishing the Tree-Ring Laboratory.